Herbert H. Tsang
- Computational intelligence, bioinformatics, design space exploration (DSE), system design and engineering, advanced computing applications for mobile devices, software engineering, remote sensing
Herbert H. Tsang is Professor of Computing Science & Mathematics at Trinity Western University and Adjunct Professor at Simon Fraser University. He directs the Applied Research Lab and his research focus is on applying computational technologies to solve real-world problems. His ongoing interest is in computational intelligence, bioinformatics, mobile computing, and scientific visualization.
Professor Tsang worked at the University of Calgary as a postdoctoral researcher from 2009-2011 under the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC) Postdoctoral Fellowship. Previously, he was scientific and engineering staff at MacDonald Dewtttiler and Associates, where he worked on various remote sensing, space and defense projects with Canadian Space Agency and Canadian Navy as customers.
Dr Tsang received grants from all three Canadian Government research funding agencies: the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC), the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC), the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR). Also, Professor Tsang received support from M.J. Murdock Charitable Trust and Mitacs.
Currently, Dr Tsang is a Senior Member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), a Senior Member of the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM), and a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in the province of British Columbia, Canada. Tsang is serving as a Mentor for current members-in-training, applicants, or other professional members at Engineers and Geoscientists of BC. Tsang is serving as a guest editor for the Security Informatics journal and reviewer for numerous publications (IEEE/ACM Transactions on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics, and OUP Bioinformatics) and granting agencies (Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada and Estonian Research Council).
Recent Citations for Herbert H. Tsang
- An agent-based model and computational framework for counter-terrorism and public safety based on swarm intelligence
- A Systematic Approach to Develop a Computational Framework for Counter-terrorism and Public Safety: Book title: Social Networks, Terrorism and Counter-terrorism: Radical and Connected
- CIG-P : Circular Interaction Graph for Proteomics
- Computational approach to predict species-specific type III secretion system (T3SS) effectors using single and multiple genomes